Science Department: Introduction
- Provide a first class education for ALL pupils in the school which should allow them to achieve their full potential in Science.
- Encourage and develop enquiring minds that can explore, investigate and solve problems.
- Encourage the development of good study habits.
- Encourage the development of practical skills
- Allow the pupils to develop an appreciation of Heath and Safety.
In order to meet our aims, the Science department:
- Reviews and evaluates the Schemes of work and assessments frequently to ensure that they are relevant and fair.
- Monitors the progress of pupils regularly using homework, practical assessment and written assessment.
- Marks and records pupils work regularly in line with the departmental/school policy to encourage and motivate the pupils.
- Provides a wide range of learning experiences for all classes to stimulate interest.
- Encourages class practical work, where relevant, to enhance the motivation, interest and practical skills of the pupils.
- Informs pupils of the safety precautions and hazards at the start of each practical session.